Google

Twenty-Ten

Turning 30 and I thought that I might have something of interest to tell the world. Comments are always welcomed!

July 12, 2005

8 Days To Go

Why Write This Blog?


~ For the past 5 years I have been dreading turning 30, typical whine of young women I suppose. I see the end of my twenties as the last of my trivial good times, with responsibility and maturity beating down my door. Eight days to go and no where to run. I guess that I'm just going to have to suck it up and blow the damn candles out, and drown my sorrows in a huge piece of chocolate cake.

~ I've always wanted to host a site where I could review local restaurants and movie reviews. Being a movie theatre frequenter I figured that the marriage of the two would make for not only an interesting read, but also an opportunity for those seeking an honest, straightforward review on recent flicks.
So I started a blog... which has been a bit mediocre so far, as now that summer is here, I've actually been to the movies less. Turns out I'm a movie freak in the winter when there's nothing else to do but freeze your ass off. I also can't stand the templates on this site, for this blog I chose the one that my boyfriend said was least like me, the pink one. lol Sometimes it feels good to do what they least expect. Ya know?


~ People have always said that crazy things happen to me and that I should write about it... sounded like too much work, but lately I'm filled with free time. I only get to see the bf about once a month, twice if I'm a good girl. Finishing his education abroad (close enough, but still too far away) has been painstaking, but hopefully it will bring him some satisfaction.

6 Comments:

At 9:57 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm about to turn 30 this year (in November), and I'm soooo dreading it. Am I seriously going to have to pay down my debt, stop buying Cosmo, and start pumping out babies? Oh no!

 
At 10:20 p.m., Blogger Nanette Richards said...

Yeah, the good times are ready to roll... from Cosmo to Ladies Home Journal. It's painful to even think of it.

Age is just a state of mind... what a load of crap. If that were true, why is it when you're being carefree that someone will tell you to act your age?

Hold on to 29 as long as you can... I begin counting down the minutes as of tomorrow.

 
At 10:29 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Couldn't email you back (it bounced), but I had to tell you that your pic reminded me an awful lot of my friend, Jenny! Isn't that funny!

 
At 11:25 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm dropping by as you requested on my blog. Thank you for your compliments. You also have a nice blog here, but I had some problems reading your movie blog. I can't read the text. The fonts are as dark as the background...

 
At 11:26 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, that was me above, by the way! ;)

 
At 11:41 a.m., Blogger Nanette Richards said...

Thanks Nando, it was a long battle with that page, but text is back and readable.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


« Cancerian Webring »