Google

Twenty-Ten

Turning 30 and I thought that I might have something of interest to tell the world. Comments are always welcomed!

July 13, 2005

One Week

~ Unbelievable. For a month now I've had that movie review blog posted, and it has been a struggle to get more than 50 hits on average a day. Something that I thought would be interesting and helpful. I post one time on Twenty Ten about my anxiety of growing older and I've had over 130 hits, 3 emails, and 5 comments in the past 24 hours. Go figure. No complaints by the way, keep 'em coming!


~ "Time Out" is such a great notion, and works about 50 percent of the time with my 6 year old niece. However, with my 18 month old pitlab, Marshall, it works everytime. If you've ever heard of a Gentle Leader, you know the ease it can give to a dog who likes to pull when it walks. I've found another amazing use for this simple little contraption, the Time Out Lead.

Anyone who knows me well enough to have met Marshall, has undoubtedly heard me ask him, "Do I need to get your lead?" at times when he is flying around the house like a bouncy ball at full speed. Marshall will stop in his tracks and give me a pitiful stare. Sometimes all I do is hold the lead up in the air so that he can see it. This is also an effective control method. I don't get it... yes, it keeps his mouth closed, but not tightly. I think he just realizes that he's in trouble once the lead comes out.

This is my first time as a dog mommy, I had no idea how much work and unconditional love would be involved. Thank god for kisses and the Time Out Lead.


~ Seven days to go... and I have no idea how I'd even like to celebrate it. Something low key sounds like the best idea, as I'm still not even convinced that it's something that I want to be festive about. My past birthdays have always involved scads of friends and tables covered in drinks. Anyone remember my 21st, or 22nd or any of the others in this past decade? If so, please feel free to fill me in... it's all a blur to me now.

~ Anyone got any suggestions on how to celebrate this nightmare?? Lemme know.

3 Comments:

At 9:56 a.m., Blogger Ajay Shroff said...

Come to saint john :)

 
At 10:06 a.m., Blogger Nanette Richards said...

Devil ;)

 
At 9:42 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


« Cancerian Webring »