Google

Twenty-Ten

Turning 30 and I thought that I might have something of interest to tell the world. Comments are always welcomed!

July 17, 2005

Last Chance

~ Well I've been sick for the past two days, and not exactly a real joy to be around. Have to hope that things turn around by tomorrow. Yes that's right, today is my last day in my twenties. As of tomorrow I can no longer ride around on the "she's young" excuse. Maybe what I should be doing is celebrating the end of an era, as opposed to the birth of the next decade?

~ The craziest thing happened to me yesterday. It all started out by googling my name... where I stumbled upon a page that listed 'Outstanding Refunds' for the State of Massachusetts (where I lived in 2000). Considering my name, I figured that it HAD to be... so I dug through my bedroom in search of my SSN and my old license (thankfully I hang on to everything). I gave the 1-800 number a call and described to the gentleman who answered my situation: former alien resident who googled themselves to find their name on the refund list. He laughed politely and said, "Let's just see about that. Name, date of birth and SSN?" I provided the details and he put me on hold. He came back abruptly and tells me, "Happy Birthday, we have a half a million dollars here for you" ha ha ha... "actually it's more like $200 - where should I send it?" I gave him the proper mailing info and will be looking for my cheque in 2 weeks. How crazy is that?? I strongly suggest googling yourself sometime.... it really pays off!!!


2 Comments:

At 6:28 p.m., Blogger Ajay Shroff said...

i might end up in trouble if i get in touch with websites that have my name on it. :)
who will save me then huh?
Ajay

 
At 6:53 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just let me grab my cape ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


« Cancerian Webring »