Google

Twenty-Ten

Turning 30 and I thought that I might have something of interest to tell the world. Comments are always welcomed!

July 21, 2005

Celebration In Review

~ The celebration last night was held at The Lone Star restaurant with a few close friends; Shaniqua, Pete, Poopsie, and Shaniqua's folks... Ajay was noticable absent, but he'll have plenty of time to make it for that next weekend ;)

The service at The Lone Star was quite bad. 20 mins to wait for a table, at which time we were given a booth for 7 people. Shaniqua wasn't too pleased about the idea of everyone squeezing together and still trying to enjoy a meal. So... we moved to another table once it opened up, about 15 minutes later. We were never asked for a drink order, but once our tongues turned into sandpaper, we made our way to the bar where I ordered a large margaurita... which tasted more like lime than strawberry. About 45 minutes after we arrived, they took our order... chicken fajitas!! They are delicious at this place! The meal was delivered to the table approximately 30 minutes later. We all looked like deer in the headlights when the food was placed in front of us, because we had been eating chips and salsa for nearly an hour at this point waiting to order and eat our meal. Ah well, it's the first time the service here was so poor.

The highlight of the evening was Shaniqua and her Quest For The Perfect Picture (pictures to be posted after she emails them to me). It was horribly embarassing to have to keep getting up and moving around the table for different people combinations over and over :) But that's what you do for friends, indulge their craziness.

~ All in all it was a great day... including the surprise cake, lunch and card at work. I've got to get that card scanned in... I've never seen another one like it!

~ Kudos for all of the best wishes from everyone. So far 30 doesn't feel too bad... we'll see how I'm feeling on Saturday morning after our Friday night of real celebrations!


6 Comments:

At 1:09 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess I did miss a nice evening but I feel worse about missing the whole day yesterday.
Ajay

 
At 1:18 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

You were a part of every minute of my day, as you are every day. You are always with me.

 
At 7:23 p.m., Blogger Gunngirl said...

Happy belated birthday! I'm also officially in my thirties, but I say 27 to anyone who asks. ;)

 
At 3:58 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you leave a complaint with a manager? A 20 minute wait isn't bad, it's the standard wait where I live . . . but a BOOTH for SEVEN people? No drink orders? A 45 minute wait to have your order taken? I would have had to complain. That's just . . . incredibly ridiculous.

Anyway, I just cruised in through Blog Clicker! Happy belated birthday!

 
At 6:14 p.m., Blogger SillyBahrainiGirl said...

30 is not bad..been there..done that.

What really sucks is the service u got on ur big day.

Don't let anyone ruin it again.

happy birthday and many happy returns!

 
At 10:41 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it gmc jimmy codes Discounted milliken area rug imitrex Obtain imitrex prescription wothout a prescription drug imitrex 1992 mazda b2200 pictures

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


« Cancerian Webring »