Google

Twenty-Ten

Turning 30 and I thought that I might have something of interest to tell the world. Comments are always welcomed!

August 04, 2005

How Do YOU Save $$?

~Saving money has never been my strong suit... I have no problem getting my bills paid mind you, just issues with saving for tomorrow so to speak. Keeping it in a bank account and out of my purse is useless as my debit card is my best friend. I've tried keeping a change jar, including $1 and $2 coins which does add up quickly, but I eventually deposit it to my bank account and start the spending all over again. Is it me, or is there always something to spend money on? For instance that $200 I spent on an airconditioner last month... the house was averaging 95F daily, how could I avoid buying one in that kind of situation?

I need to buy a car... and it seems like I am actually getting further from that reality than closer.

If you've got some suggestions on how to save money, I'd love to hear them!

Thanks, Dumas

5 Comments:

At 8:00 p.m., Blogger Fred said...

The only way I can save is to have it taken directly from my check for something like a credit union.

If it gets into my slippery hands, it's as good as gone.

 
At 1:01 p.m., Blogger Gambl0r said...

I recommend using a parent, preferably one that will make you explain why you are asking for your money back.

Once you give it to them you have to REALLY want to get it back I think :D

 
At 1:08 p.m., Blogger Nanette Richards said...

lol no luck with my parents - they'd "invest" it and I'd never see it again. :)

this idea might work well for some folks, but might I suggest a background check on your parents before proceding!

 
At 1:09 p.m., Blogger Nanette Richards said...

Karen: I'm the queen of coupons! Was so much better when I was living in the states as there were tons of coupons in the mail. I don't find that I get as many here in Canada, but hell if I don't use them when I do!

 
At 5:47 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can give the money to me and i could hold it for ya :)
ajay

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


« Cancerian Webring »