Google

Twenty-Ten

Turning 30 and I thought that I might have something of interest to tell the world. Comments are always welcomed!

July 25, 2005

Party on Garth, Party on Wayne

~Well it seems as though I’m a bit behind in my blogging… but the truth is that that it’s been too damn hot at my place to sleep, let alone sit in front of the computer!

~The temperature inside of my place this past week has been between 90 and 95 F… the two fans have been useless. On Thursday night around midnight, I drug the recliner out to the deck so that Marshall and I could try and get “some” sleep. Well that too was fruitless, as the traffic beyond my neighbours place was too much of a distraction for Marshall to handle. At about 3:45 am we trudged back into the inferno, and I pulled all of the covers back on my water bed bladder and Marsh and I climbed back into bed and tried to muster up a few hours of rest. I was awoken a couple of hours after managing to drift off to sleep by the most horrid smell. It was all through the house… it smelled of death. I came to find out a few hours later from the neighbours who live below in the basement apartment that they had previously unplugged a deep freezer that they planned to sell, but had forgotten a package of chicken inside. When they opened it up in the morning to prepare to transport they were confronted with the rotting chicken, as was I when the smell permeated the entire place. I was quick to email my office and let them know that I would not be in that day, and I began my quest for an airconditioner. Poor Marshall had to wait at home for my return. He did however have a nice cold shower to bring his body temperature down, before I left.

Eight stores later and nothing under $350.00… even at that price, nothing that would fit into my windows. I was disgusted and completely exhausted at this point. Thanks to Shaniqua and Pete for taking me from store to store in search of cool air. In the end I ordered one from the Future Shop online for about $200.00 – it should arrive today or tomorrow. A couple more nights like this and I don’t know what I’ll do! J

~On a brighter note, Shaniqua threw a little get together for me on Friday night at her place. It was complete with cake, ice cream, old friends, surprise visitors, munchies, drinks, drinks and more drinks! I had a fabulous time and got fairly tanked, thanks to Cheryl’s Sake-Tini’s (1 part Sake, 2 parts pineapple juice). What a nice, fruity, summer drink. I also tried some of those new Barcardi Breezer light drinks, Pear and Berry Burst. The Pear is sooooo delicious… cool, refreshing and just a hint of flavour. I would highly recommend this drink if you’re down with the summer girlie drinks!

~On Sunday the family got together and hosted a bbq for me, complete again with cake and ice cream. Truthfully, it will be a bit before I am interested in taking another bite of cake. Perhaps for Ajay’s bday we’ll have cookies instead!

~All in all I can’t complain about my 30th birthday. Mucho thanks to my friends and family for making the event memorable and truly happy for me.


« Cancerian Webring »