Google

Twenty-Ten

Turning 30 and I thought that I might have something of interest to tell the world. Comments are always welcomed!

August 10, 2005

Cab Drivers...What The Hell?!?


Honestly... I don't know which situation I loathe more, Mr. Chatty-Cathy, or Mr. Rip-You-Off.

Mr. Chatty-Cathy, chauffeured me from my office to another today for a meeting. He took the longest route possible as soon as he heard that this would be a charge as opposed to cash. Along our scenic downtown tour I got to hear all about how the newspapers are ruining our lives. The pinnacle of which was how it is ruining amateur sport. Apparently by highlighting sports players to the "hero" status we are actually discouraging our children and youth from any kind of participation in sport because they feel like they will never measure up. What The Hell?!

Mr. Rip-You-Off, is my new 'friend' in Saint John. This guy loves taking insane routes throughout the city because he knows I'm not from there. And there is always inconsistency in his charge. It's one thing that Saint John is so small that their cabs don't use meters, they use zones, but it's quite another when their drivers are shady. What The Hell?!

These are just two more incentives for getting my own car! No more bullshit from cab drivers. Who cares what your view point is on politics, the weather, the influence of the newspapers on amateur sport. And even worse, who do you think you are, stealing, for lack of a better word, from me.

Did I mention the bus ride I had yesterday in the 30C heat, seated next to 3 teenaged boys who haven't experienced the benefits of deodorant?

I swear, the change jar is back into effect today... and the deposits will go to our joint account, where I'm least likely to spend from.

Today is the first day of the rest of my life, as the owner of a car!

2 Comments:

At 7:01 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, somtimes I walked to get a bus [which can be bad and good at times and places] than to be with a taxi driver because of their will to talk about their views with the passengers and then actually trying to argue about it. Enjoy!

 
At 7:47 p.m., Blogger Fred said...

I used to ride the Paris Metro to work everyday when I lived there. Talk about a smell!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


« Cancerian Webring »